15 Apr 2014

Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush


Hello my lovelies, today I’m coming at you with a review but a slightly different kind of review for me, this time it’s not a product it’s a tool and it is the Real Techniques silicone eye liner brush.

I will be doing a brush collection post soon as it has been requested a couple of times now but I wanted to do this post before I show you my complete collection (which is surprisingly small).

Out of all the make-up I own, eyeliner is definitely my daily essential, it has got to the stage that if I’m not wearing eyeliner or my statement flick even my boyfriend notices and ladies we all know it’s a pretty big deal when your boyfriend notices something different about your makeup, so when Real Techniques announced that they were adding a new Silicone Liner Brush to their range, I knew it had to be mine. It's been a while since I wore a gel eyeliner, mainly because I could never find a brush which was detailed enough for me to get the perfect cat-flick, I had stated using the felt tip liners that seem to be everywhere these days but I never really got on with them because I find they dry out so quickly and within my professional collection of brushes I actually use a Royal and Langnickle detail-er paint brush for my eyeliner and but it straight into brush cleaner after use to prevent the product from drying on it (but shhhhhh don’t tell anyone).


As you guys know may or may not know I am obsessed with Real Techniques’ brushes, and I think this brush is absolutely incredible, it makes it absolutely impossible for you to mess up eyeliner application. And there is no such thing as frayed bristles to mess up your line, you know how sometimes you have leftover product on your eyeliner brush, and it hardens so that the next time you want to use it, you have to find another brush? The silicone tip gets rid of that problem completely and makes cleaning very easy.

The brush seriously makes applying gel and cream eyeliner a dream. It also makes creating sharp, precise lines incredibly easy since the end of the brush is pointed and small.

So, is there anything wrong with this brush? Yes, there is one thing that does irritate me a little (it really is only a little though and I’m sure it is something I will easily get used to). Even though you can see when the product is running out on the tip, the real indicator is that it starts to drag on your lid a little bit. That would be due to that fact that the tip is silicone and it can get a little attached to your skin.

I cannot recommend this enough, for less than £6 it's inexpensive and saves me so much time in the mornings when applying my makeup and when it comes to me and early mornings anything that gives me an extra 5 minutes in bed is a amazing.

Have you tried any of the new Real Techniques brushes yet?


No comments:

Post a Comment