21 Apr 2014

INGLOT AMC Matte Gel Liner


Up until a few years ago I had a love/hate relationship with gel eyeliners, on one hand you have a lot of control while applying, you can create different effects with different brushes, and they were the only type of eyeliner I could create a wing with, while on the other hand I wasn't satisfied with the gel eyeliners I tried. 

The first gel eyeliner I tried was the famous Blacktrack Fluidline by MAC, which always ended up beneath and around my eyes and refused to stay in place it was also the first gel liner I had in my professional makeup kit. The second gel eyeliner I tried was by Maybelline also not a huge success, the eyeliner dried out within a couple of weeks. I had almost given up hope on gel eyeliners when my rescue came in the form of the INGLOT AMC Eyeliner Gel Matte.

I was recommended this product by the lovely Kiva Cusack when she came to my college to do a demo with INGLOT when she was working for the brand, I honestly don’t know whether I decided to buy it because it was Kiva who recommend it and I was little star struck or I actually wanted it but it really has been the best decision I ever made and will never go back, it honestly is the best eyeliner I have ever tried.

INGLOT Matte Collection AMC Eyeliner Gels come in small plastic tubs; far more travel friendly than the MAC Fluidline glass jars and the comparison doesn’t end there. INGLOT gel eyeliners contain 5,5 grams of product while MAC Fluidlines only contain 3 grams of product and the best thing is that  the INGLOT  eyeliner is cheaper and even cheaper for pro MUA’s with the INGLOT discount card (20% who can say no?).

The INGLOT eyeliner has a soft, creamy consistency that is easy to apply to the eyelid. The eyeliner dries very quickly and when it’s dry it’s waterproof and doesn't smudge or crease and therefore is also perfect for use on the waterline.

The only downside to this product is that it’s harder to remove than all the other eyeliners I've ever tried (Kiva did warn us about this before we purchased it, I didn't really take much notice but my god was she right) so you can’t really make mistakes. If you happen to make a mistake you must try correcting it immediately because once this eyeliner dries you can only remove it with make-up remover.

 At the end of the day the trick to remove this eyeliner is to let the make-up remover soak a bit into to eyeliner and then gently wipe it away. It’s the price you have to pay for having perfect eyeliner during the day.

What I like about it:
  •  Available in 20 different colours.
  •  It’s waterproof.
  •  It doesn't smudge or crease.


What I don’t like about it:

  •           It’s harder to remove.
  •          There aren't many stores in the UK so it’s hard for me to purchase it when I’m not at home.


I have nothing but positive things to say about this eyeliner.

There are 20 colours to choose from and I’m thinking of getting another one as right now I only have black in my personal kit and black and white in my professional kit. If there are any colours you recommend, please let me know.


What’s your favourite gel eyeliner?

2 comments:

  1. It's so funny I literally have the same gel liner story as you, tried MAC, then Maybelline and couldn't get on with either of them. I bought the Inglot in the black and purple which I believe is 74, they are both so gorgeous and easy to apply!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely love my inglot liners, I use them both on myself and in my kit, this and the Bobbi Brown liner are the only ones I use, I really believe they are the only ones that work. :) Xxx

      Delete