11 Feb 2014

L'Oréal True Match Foundation


So as you may know from reading previous post of mine, I am a complete MAC addict, I have always used MAC studio Fix foundation and I love everything about it, no its not everyone’s cup of tea but it’s my favourite foundation of all time.  Unfortunately for me my MAC foundation is pretty pricey and I can’t always afford it so I decided I needed to find a drugstore alternative and I think I've done it, I heard great things about the L’Oréal true match foundation so I decided I would give it a go myself. It was supposed to be a MAC dupe which I obviously got very excited about.

The first thing I noticed about this product was the amazing shade range. When it comes to drugstore foundations, I usually grab the fairest shade and even then most of the time it’s still too dark for my pale almost translucent skin (that’s what I get for being Irish), what was crazy was with this foundation I actually had to do a fair bit of swatching, before I had my colour, there was just so many shades to choose from.
My shade is Ivory rose; the pinker toned fair shade. It's an excellent match but it is also a medium coverage, which is my favourite of all the coverage's as its buildable if needs be, I.e. when those pesky spots decide to raise their ugly red heads.


Not only is it a fantastic medium coverage, but it also gives a really nice even smooth finish. It's not too matte and not too glowy, so if you're looking for a more natural finish, this is your guy. I will point out that on very dry skin this has a tendency to go a little patchy but works nicely on oily and combination skin (like mine). It isn't terrible on dry skin; it just needs a little extra moisture as a base, maybe a good moisturiser or primer, I’m sure those of you with dry skin are used to having to a little extra moisturiser, I know the girls in college know exactly where they need that little extra bit of moisturiser.

I do like the size and packaging of this. It's a really nice handbag size, not too chunky but not so tiny you barely get any product. It has a pump (thank the lord, no having to pay extra for a separate pump, I really think that’s really cheeky, shame on you MAC) and is really easy to get just the right amount; only half a pump will do the whole face. The clear lid is a pain however, why do they insist on having clear lids, It just makes everything look so messy.

The foundation is £9.99 which isn't the cheapest of drugstore foundations but there always seems to be offers in Boots and Superdrug so just keep an eye out.


Have you tried the True Match foundation, what do you think? MAC dupe or not?

10 comments:

  1. I love L'Oreal True Match and yes I would say that it is on par with Mac's Studio Fix.

    zoea2812.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoe, I completely agree I love it, I love changing from MAC to this every so often. I always try change up my foundation as I believe skin is like hair if it gets used to a product it doesn't work to it's full potential.

      xx

      Delete
  2. I think Revlon's Photoready is also a dupe for Studio Fix, it's £12.50 so quite pricey for drugstore. I really like it though, it strangely smells the same as MAC too... I haven't tried this one though so I might do. Great review lovely. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniella you definitely should give it ago. I am now definitely going to try the Revlon, will be my next purchase I think. :)

      Xx

      Delete
  3. I love this foundation! It's my holy grail, not sure what I done without it haha, I've never tried Studio Fix but don't think I need to now after reading your brilliant review :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a complete MAC addict so I love having some studio fix in my kit but if you love this theres no need to try the MAC. :)

      Xx

      Delete
  4. I just bought this today, in the same shade as you. I've tried it out and the shade is great, perhaps slighly darker than I would like BUT it's great for a drugstore brand and I look forward to using it more. Definitely cheaper than my usual NARS foundation! :)
    http://thirtysomethingoap.co.uk

    ReplyDelete