12 Jan 2014

The Liebster Award

Hey Guys, it’s awesome now being able to say that and know that I'm no longer speaking to myself. Yay for followers, I’m honestly doing a victory dance as I type. Hope everyone’s weekends are going well and if you're like me and your holidays are over and you're back to college I hope it wasn't too painful for anyone.

Anyways moving on, so I got home this evening to an email from the lovely Caithlin, the email was her letting me know that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award, honestly I couldn't control the excitement, I let out a very girlish scream before having a little run around my house. I'm honestly absolutely ecstatic, I haven't been blogging for very long at all and this is the first blogger award I have ever been nominated for and I really wasn’t expecting it which makes me all the more grateful. The Liebster award is designed to promote new and small blogs and to give bloggers a chance to get to know each other which I absolutely love because I absolutely love getting to know other bloggers and especially other newbies that are in my position.


So here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.  
 2. You must answer the 11 questions given by the nominee before you. 
 3. You pick 11 nominees with under 200 followers to answer your questions. 
 4. You cannot nominate the person who nominated you.
 5. You must tell the nominees that they have been nominated by you.

The little diamond who is kind enough to have nominated me is Caithlin over at http://bloggingthroughthemirror.blogspot.co.uk  I’ve been reading and loving her blog posts for a while now and never expected us to get in contact but we have and it’s lovely, she’s a little gem and her blog really shows it, it really is brilliant, be sure to head over  to her blog and have a little look and if you’re feeling  generous give her a  follow to get her followers up as I know there is nothing nicer than knowing you’ve some new followers.

Here are the questions from Caithlin’s blog for me to answer:
1.       Heels or flats for everyday wear?
I know I should really be answering heels but honestly I am flats girl, I'm on my feet all day in college as I'm studying to be a professional makeup artist and hairdresser and I think if I were to wear heels all day my feet would hate me, in saying this I do love wearing my Chelsea boots and they have a mid-heel and that isn't too bad.
2.       What’s your favourite thing about blogging?
This was a toughie for me, but honestly I think it’s being able to talk about products that I’m loving and knowing people who care about the same things I do are reading it, I normally talk to my boyfriend about beauty products as he tends to be the only one that listens to me anymore (bless his cotton socks he really tries) but I think most of it goes in one ear and out the other.
3.       Nail colour you wear most often?
My all-time favourite nail colour to wear is mint green but as this is my favourite colour in general so this doesn't really come as a surprise.
4.       One beauty product you can't live without?
Beauty product I can't live without has to be my sudocream skin care cream this really is a staple in my kit and I never leave the house without it in my handbag.
5.       Drugstore or high end beauty kind of girl?
I would love to be able to say high end but it’s definitely drug store, I’m a student and I definitely can't afford to have all high end beauty products, that being said if there’s something I really want I tend to scrape and save until I get it.
6.       What’s your favourite make up shop?
This is going to sound like such a contradiction after the answer to my last question but my favourite makeup shop would have to be MAC I’m completely MAC obsessed.
7.       If you could visit anywhere in the world where would you visit?
I’m lucky enough to have amazing parents who really spoil me and bring my family on holidays so I have been able to visit many GORGEOUS places around the world but my favourite would have to be Dubai and I would absolutely LOVE to go back.
8.       What is your dream job?
As I have previously mentioned I'm studying hair and makeup in college and my  dream job would be anything to do with makeup but if I could choose I would love to go into fashion or editorial makeup as is so fast paced and constantly changing.
9.       Joggers and jumpers or dresses and heels?
DEFINITELY joggers and jumpers, that one was easy.
10.   Who is your beauty and fashion icon?
It would have to be Alex Box her work is absolutely incredible, I absolutely idolise the woman and everything she does.

11.   What is your best memory of 2013?
I know everyone is expecting me to say starting my blog but honestly that is second, I do absolutely love my blog and blogging really has become a huge part of my life but honestly my best memory of 2013 was meeting my wonderful boyfriend because honestly without him none of this would have been possible he really has given me the confidence to do this and I love him dearly.

Here are my Nominees:
3.       http://meetmeontrend.com

The 11 questions that I want my nominees to answer are:

1. Who is your beauty or fashion icon?
2. How long does it normally take you to get ready for a night out?
3. What's your favourite item of clothing to wear, and why?
4. What’s your dream job?
5. What's your favourite thing about blogging?
6. If you could meet anyone in the world (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
7. What is your favourite beauty brand?
8. What is your favourite perfume?
9. Favourite colour nail polish to wear?
10. What are your guilty pleasures?
11. What was your favourite memory of 2013?

Hope you all have fun answering these questions and choosing your own nominees.
Kisses,
Becky


No comments:

Post a Comment